Becoming a Proclaiming People
We will seek to be a church where everyone proclaims the gospel at every opportunity.
We are committed to making disciples of Jesus Christ through a Biblically balanced fellowship of mutual caring, instruction, and accountability.
We are committed to providing all generations opportunities for passionate worship.
We are committed to having all believers understanding and serving in the ways God has gifted and prepared them to serve.
We are committed to the training, sending, and supporting of missionaries.
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired by God, inerrant in the original writing, and that they are the supreme and final authority in faith and life. 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21.
- We believe in only one true, living, personal God, who is perfect, infinite, eternal, and who exists in three co-equal persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Isaiah 45:21; Matthew 3:16-17; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Ephesians 4:6; Acts 17:28
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God; that He came in the flesh, being begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, thus being true God and true man, in order that He might redeem us from eternal death through His vicarious suffering and death on the cross; that He was raised from the dead for our justification and is now at the right hand of God interceding for us. Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 9:6; Isaiah 10:21; Matthew 1:18-25; John 1:29; John 3:16; Romans 4:25; Philippians 2:5-8; Hebrews 4:14-16; Revelation 1:8; Revelation 22:13.
- We believe the Holy Spirit to be a member of the Godhead, of the same nature with the Father and the Son; that He was active in creation; that in His relationship to the unbelieving world He restrains the evil one until God’s purpose is fulfilled; that He convicts of sin, righteousness and judgment; that He bears witness to the truth of the Gospel in preaching and testimony; that He is the agent in the New Birth; that He seals, guides, teaches, witnesses, sanctifies, helps and endows the believer with spiritual gifts. Genesis 1:2; John 16:8-11; John 3:3,5; John 14:16-17,26; John 16:13; Acts 4:31; 1 Corinthians 12:4-7; Ephesians 1:13; 2 Thessalonians 2:7.
- We believe that Satan is a real supernatural personality, a fallen angel of great power, cunning, and wickedness; the enemy of God and of all good, seeking the destruction of Christ and the eternal ruin of man; but who has been defeated by Christ’s death and is doomed to be cast forever into the Lake of Fire. Matthew 13:19,39; Mark 1:13; John 13:2; Colossians 2:15; Revelation 20:10.
- We believe that man was created by God in His own image; that he sinned against God and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; that now in his natural state he is totally depraved, being born with a sinful nature, producing upon reaching moral responsibility, sins of thought, word and deed; that he needs a redeemer, and that by receiving Jesus Christ as his Saviour he is born again by the Holy Spirit and becomes a child of God. Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 3:1-24; John 1:12-13; John 5:24; Romans 1:19-32; Romans 5:12.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the just and the everlasting punishment of the unjust. John 5:28-29; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 20:10-15.
- We believe in that “blessed hope”, the personal, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ. Matthew 25:13; John 14:3; Acts 1:11; 1 Corinthians 15:50-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:13; 1 John 3:2-3; Revelation 20:1-6.